Sunday, November 22, 2009

When I was young....


Ok, so now they have digital cameras for kids. i can't believe I am saying this because it ages me slightly (ok, a lot), but when I was a kid we used disposable and had to get pictures developed!!!!

Now that my old person side of view is out, I'll flip to the other side. I think that this product is fantastic- it encourages the expressive and artistic side of kids, gives them a cool hobby, may keep them out of trouble (depending on what they're shooting lol). But I think they're so neat- you can drop them, get them wet, lightweight, some have a neck strap, built-in-flash, usb hook-up, and they look cute and fun!

So when I see the Fisher Price commercial with the little girl dropping her camera, spilling stuff on it etc. I can't help but think of two huge markets for this product, other than kids: clumsy accident-prone people and of course, drunk people.

I know some of you readers (albeit whichever category you fit into), have dropped your precious digi, spilled something on it or broke it. I myself, while in Miami with my friends on Spring Break was taking pictures right at the water's edge, dropped my camera and did not have enough time to save it from a giant wave. I would assume that you are assuming that I was in the drunk people category; however I was not.Perhaps I did have the 11:00 a.m. beach drink special, but that and only that, I swear. What I neglected to mention was that my camera went for a salty-ocean dip in the Atlantic the DAY BEFORE the Justin Timberlake concert. A tragedy really, I don't care if you don't like him, anyone can relate to that- it would suck and yup it did!

So anyways, to all those constantly tripping, two-left footers, accident prone people, and all you people who drink beyond their capacity, perhaps this holiday season ask Santa for your very own, kids digi camera, batteries not included.

No comments:

Post a Comment