Thursday, November 12, 2009

Freshen up your ipod- Owl City


So by no means am I into any sort of cool music scene, I just to listen to what is out there- I'm pretty mainstream but I have quite an eclectic taste. I like Britney Spears-alot-there I said it and I don't care.

So to help with one of life's simple pleasures I'd like to help you freshen up your ipod. So periodically I'd like to post some new stuff, or a random old song that hasn't been played since you had a cassette player or walkman, to give you some ideas for your ipod :)


So here is my first suggestion: Owl City- Fireflies. It's a really cool song, sort of different and totally strange lyrics- apparently the singer suffered from insomnia, much to his dismay but my delight it produced a great tune.


According to Wikipedia: Owl City is an American electronica musical project. It consists of Adam Young and he refers to his backing band plus himself as "Owl City" after Adam's hometown Owatonna, Minnesota. Young started out making music in his parents' basement,[3] which he claims is a result of his insomnia.


Here is the link to the Official site: http://www.owlcitymusic.com/home.aspx where you can hear the tune or just check it out on YouTube.

2 comments:

  1. I love Owl City!! Fireflies is a sick tune! It sort of makes you want to drive while snapping your fingers and bobbing your head :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just got a Joshua Radin cd today - Simple Times - LOVE! LOVE! LOVE it! prob too folkie for you kiddies http://www.joshuaradin.com/ love, Mom

    ReplyDelete