Friday, November 27, 2009

Design Sponge


So I consider my self somewhat crafty- I love to make things, finding ideas in magazines or on websites and creating things. (My inner-old-lady comes out by way or cross stithcing which I love to do). But when life is too busy, which it often is, I still enjoy reading blogs and enjoying what other people make.

So, my favorite design, home decor and DIY blog is Design Sponge,.

I love checking up on this site- I try to wait a few days so there's a little build up of posts and then look through all of the beautiful ideas. The best thing is that a lot of the ideas are things that you can do yourself- there's always a material list, or a story behind the inspiration. There is a section on trends, city guides for the virtual explorer or trip planner, recipes, videos and podcasts.

She even posts a new "Living in:" section, where they chose a place, a movie, or a theme and select furniture, decorations and attire that resemble the inspiration.

My favorite section is the "Before and After" section, because it helps you see something for what it can be, not what it is.

So check out the blog for some of your own ideas- there's a lot of craft shops and art supply stores that have many of the products that you need for project.s I myself enjoy going to second hand shops like Value Village or the Salvation Army for potential greatness :)

So saturate all you can the ideas of Design Sponge- and be proud of what you may not have known you can create!

No comments:

Post a Comment