Monday, November 16, 2009

The Art of Advertising


So in the past few months I have found myself a new morning routine: watching Breakfast Television while I get ready. Previously I've got the odd episode, if I was up early enough (usually highly unlikely).

I find the program quite enjoyable- cute stories, getting to see groups and places I've never heard about in my own community and some splash of local news (huge sidenote: what is with all the homicides recently across the Maritimes? Have people got nothing better to do!?).

I love Cyril, I love Jason and Maria and I can sometimes tolerate the lady who does the news- sometimes I think she forgets she is acutally on the air and thinks she is just sitting aorund with friends having a chat! Although I do have to give her serious probs as last weekend she got a Snuggie for her birthday and brought it to the show to share with everyone. Her coolness factor went up 5 points.

Anywho, today I saw that they had a really cool exhibit currently at the Dartmouth Heritage Museum: The Art of Advertising: Flirting with Fads and Fashions. It is on now until January 23, 2010.Here is the address:

Dartmouth Heritage Museum Society
26 Newcastle Street
Dartmouth, N.S.
B2Y 3M5
Google map



The Coast describes it as an invitation to take "an incredible journey of more than 50 years of visual communication".

Neat! So I'd like to check it out and hopefully some of you will too :)

1 comment: