Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Scherenschnitte, no I didn't sneeze, it's an art form!




Ok since I stumbled on Google Reader it has opened my world to a ton of new blogs so I'm slightly overwhelmed (but in a good, organized way).

I came across this site, Scherenschnitte inwhich the blogger makes beautiful paper cutting designs and even kindly offers free templates (more free stuff!). Scherenschnitte is actually German for "paper cutting" and the blog offers instructions, templates and shares a lot of the art. It's another good resource for making your own art as you can use the templates and patterns for all sorts of projects (i.e. the embroidered pillows).

I love this site because I am a huge fan of icons and silhouettes. She also has some really neat and intricate designs, including some inspired by Alice in Wonderland. So neat!

Anyways, enjoy the site, as I have, and make sure to give credit if you make anything and someone asks where you found the designs! Happy Scherenschnitte-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment