Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cute magnets



Sick of fridge magnets with realtor's or plumbers phone numbers? Why not make your own cute set!

So I don't recall where the idea for this one came from- I've seen it done before so it's not an original but it was inexpensive and fun to make!

I started with a variety of scrap scrapbook paper and punched out little circles. If you purchase one sheet of paper with a cool design, it costs around one dollar and can make a TON of circles. I purchased little round magnets at the dollar store (12 or 15 to a package). You simply glue the circles onto the back of decorative stones, which can also be found at the Dollar Store, or WalMart, and the ones I found were a jar for about $4.99 at Superstore. I used craft glue from Stampin Up (regular white glue may not dry clear).

For our Annual Potluck with my friends at home, I put a set in a cute little bag (Dollar store!) and gave them out as gifts! So easy, so cute! Literally anyone can do them!
The picture above are of the supplies, and then the finished product! (The cute little boy is a picture of my cousin Jake expressing his patriotrism on Canada Day)

This project is so simple and takes very little time to do- it's a great way to use scraps of paper that were otherwise destined for garbage or recycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment