Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Crafty-nest!



So, as I said I like to do crafts etc. so here I'm going to share what I already have on my Facebook, which is some before & afters of projects I've done. I'll start with my most recent one- feel free to use the ideas or do something similar- most of my projects are inexpensive (I'm both cheap & thrifty!) I also like to use simple techniques and supplies!

My favorite place to get items to do something with is the second-hand store. My most recent project I finished tonight is a bulletin board. I found the piece at the Salvation Army, it is a wooden calendar frame that is considered somewhat of a country style- it was wooden and had green ivy leaves on it. So I got this for $2, cleaned it up and gave it a few coats of black paint. Next, i found some cool crocodile plastic-leather scrapbook paper for $1.49 per sheet. I also picked up some embellishments that look just like tacks, sheet of 16 for $2.95. All i did was slap on the paper,the embellishments and then add some of my fav things to display! The picture quality is not the best (I used my crackberry to take it) but the green looks fantastic against my purple walls.

This is just one example of recycling and reusing someone else's junk and you can do it too! Seriously this project was under $10, minimal effort and fun to do!

Sometimes if I'm out I'll grab a few sheets of paper that I think have potential for a project to have on hand for the next trip to the second hand store.

Happy crafting!

2 comments: