Monday, December 14, 2009

Counting


I consider myself to be an intelligent person- lots of schooling, life & job experience etc. I feel as though when I don my cashier uniform that a lot of people assume that your IQ drops.

Even though I am a cashier- guess what? I can still count.

I absolutely hate when people come to the express lane (10 items or less, clearly posted, and fairly common for express lanes anywhere) and people throw up 15 or 20 items.

I will note that I don't mind when someone has a few items over and says is it ok? I don't mind when you ask- if you're nice. I should also note, as this has happened about 1089348903 times, that 20 items of the same thing (i.e. 20 cans of cat food, or soap, whatevs,) DOES NOT count as '10'. People seriously do this, and they say "well since it's all of one thing I thought it was ok". Um, no it is not, that is still 20 separate items and I can count.

I think the best thing is when people come up, they have too many and they're kind of eyeing me in hopes that i don't know. Um hi, I physically scan each thing through plus bag it, the jig is up- you have too many!

One thing that really gets me too is the people who wait in a huge line-up, come up with too many items and say "Sorry, i hope this is ok?". Um well you're already here, you're on my belt, I'm not going to kick out out now- little sneaks!

Just a little rant about a legit problem in the life of a cashier- I assure you that others can attest.

Happy shopping and no sneaking!

3 comments:

  1. 20 cans of cat food DOES count as one item! sorry but I am going through the speedy lane with 20 items of one item - good news is that I don't shop at your superstore! love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would kick you out of my line love nicole

    ReplyDelete