Thursday, April 22, 2010

Scented things that shouldn't be


Our society has turned into one obsessed with cleanliness. Room sprays, new detergent, candles that smell like you could eat them. Scented tooth brushes and razors. Wait, a minute, what?

Yupppppppppppppppppp they exist!! Scented tooth brushes and razors. Don't believe me? Check out the tooth brush section next time you are out & about (or oot and a boot) and check it: literally you can because some of the toothbrushes have a scratch & sniff patch (yup, just in case you are not familiar with the smell of MINT).

Why, oh why does this exist? A scented tooth brush handle? I have thought about this for awhile, trying to come up with a reason as to why someone would purchase such a product. I don't know about you, but when I brush my teeth,I brush them so they are clean. I don't need to smell "clean teeth" I just want clean teeth!!

I recently looked on the back of a package of a four pack (4? wtf.) of scented toothbrushes and it doesn't say why they're scented just says "Minty fresh scented handle!".


Oh and there are also scented razors too. I must say that if you use scented shower products (i.e soap, shampoo etc.) combined with the heat infusing power of hot water, that your shower probably is already ranking at about a 10 out 10 on the scent in the shower scale- why does your razor handle need a tropical scent?

I tend to think outside the box a lot but this one has perplexed me. So until I find out why this is necessary, I will have to remain inside of the box. Which is unscented by the way.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very interested in knowing whether that actually works... if your breath can really smell good.

    I would guess that a four-pack would be for the Disgustingtons who watch an advert for these things on the telly and decide they're all going to go to the supermarket and buy matching scented toothbrushes. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete